search little winter bride

Thursday, April 17, 2008

a little gift of music...................


photography by belathee

With the stress of wedding planning, my husband and I needed to have a little fun, so we decided on DIY wedding favor for our guests. Since music is a big part of our lives, we decided to make a CD and share a funky collection of songs that we love. It's not your typical mushy and sappy wedding CD, although I will admit there are a couple that still bring tears. I illustrated and designed the art and he managed the production for CD case. VoilĂ ! Turned out pretty good, if I don't say so myself.
The CD included 2 songs that were in our wedding, "Perpetuun Mobile", which played while I walked down the aisle and Vinicio Capossela's, "Ovunque Proteggi" for our first dance.
check out the play list.......................

"Perpetuun Mobile", Penguin Orchestra
"Venus as a boy",
Bjork
"All my friends",
LCD Soundsystem
"Our lives are shaped by what we love",
Odyssey
"He lays in reins",
Iron and Wine/Calexico

"Nothing like this", J Dilla
"Song of the Siren" Robert Plant
"Monitor"
Siouxsie and the Banshees
"I know what I know"
Paul Simon
"Satellite of love"
Lou Reed
"Everybody" Madonna
"Bumble bee orchestra" Lady Bug
"Ovunque Proteggi" Vinicio Capossela



We had our CD favors designed and produced by a company is called, mycd.it, located here in Italy. The style we ordered was a 4 panel, digipak, with a soft spot nub to hold the CD in place, rather then the plastic tray. They also provided a template so we could transfer the artwork created for the cover and inside. Since this site is only in Italian, I've include some links to a few sites in the states that have comparable designs/packaging.

Oasis Disc Manufacturing
Triple Disc Media
Cravedog CD & DVD Manufacturing

2 comments:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

love the sleeve. what did you guys use to make the cd stay in place?

Stacey said...

These are gorgeous! Well done! My fiance and I are music fanatics and are incorporating non-traditional love songs (Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Tindersticks) into our ceremony and reception. He's dying to do a mix tape gift for our guests, but I've reminded him that no one has cassette players anymore. We were then thinking of putting the music on a small usb memory card and somehow placing that in a cassette tape case but I can't figure out the logistics. If you have any other inspired ideas, I would love to hear about them!