search little winter bride

Monday, August 3, 2009

vacanza!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tomorrow, A. and I are leaving for august vacanza! yipee!
But first, we are heading to my home, NYC, to see family and friends.
Then it's off to the west coast
for an 11 day northern california adventure. We will be visiting my best friend in San Fran\Marin County with some mini road trip adventures, here and here.
It's my first time to Northern California, so you can imagine, I am super excited, especially for the forest and chillaxing with my best friend, kira.

I have my little list of places to see in the city but would love love love any recommendations?


(nyc photo source)

5 comments:

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

have fun!! san fran is beautiful!!!

didi said...

grazie! if you have any west coast recommendations, please let me know :)

Unknown said...

Sweet travels..

genevieve said...

Just visited your site today. Do you still need recommendations? I was born in San Francisco, grew up in Marin County and live in SF now. Also you are super close to the wine country: Napa, Calistoga, Sonoma. Favorites are Plumpjack, Gundlach Bundschu in Sonoma, Gloria Ferrer for their champagne tasting!

Marin County:
Muir Woods
Avatar's Punjabi Burritos in Mill Valley
Brunch on the dock of Sam's restaurant in Tiburon
Tacos at Joe's Tacos in Mill Valley

San Francisco:
Legion of Honor museum
De Young Museum
California Academy of Sciences
Ice cream from Bi-Rite
Morning buns from Tartine
Chicken mole burrito from Papalote and buy a jar of their salsa
Dinner at the Front Porch
Visit the Ferry Building and vendor stands
Shop on Hayes Street for unique boutiques and vintage
Stay away from eating at Fisherman's Wharf but DO treat yourself to Scoma's
Visit Japantown for art supplies and books
Have a beer at Zeitgeist
Get pizza at Little Star (cornmeal crust)
Have brunch at the Rotunda at Neiman Marcus department store.

I could go on and on...

didi said...

thanks for all the wonderful insider tips. my ultimate favorite was the Muir Woods. : )